Firefighters deal with serious chimney fire at Cookstown home

Firefighter dealing with a chimney fire. Stock image
Firefighter dealing with a chimney fire. Stock image

Firefighters were called to the scene of a “well alight” chimney fire at a home on the Morgan’s Hill Road on Sunday afternoon.

Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service [NIFRS] received reports of the blaze just before 3pm when crew using thermal imaging cameras put the fire out.

No one was injured during the incident.

A NIFRS spokesperson said: “Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service (NIFRS) received a call at 2:51pm to a report of a chimney fire at residential premises at the Morgan’s Hill Road area of Cookstown on Sunday 6th September.

“One Fire Appliance from Cookstown Fire Station was deployed to the scene of a well alight chimney fire in the area. Firefighters using thermal imaging cameras dealt with the fire. No one was injured during the incident.

“The incident finished at 5.53pm and is being treated as an accidental fire.”