Film nights bring town’s golden era to life
SCENES from some of Coalisland’s most significant moments in history will be relived on the big screen at a special fundraising film event at the town’s Craic Theatre this week.
As well as church functions and band parades, the films - which were made by local man, the late Vincent Daly, over four decades - capture the opening of McCrory Park in Annagher, and the homecoming of the victorious Tyrone Minor Team in 1947 among many other memorable occasions.
Vincent’s family have decided to show the films to raise money to build a new roof for the Church of the Holy Family in Coalisland.
All proceeds from the film nights - which take place this Monday and Tuesday, November 12 and 13 - will go towards the new roof.
Tickets can be purchased from the Craic Theatre Booking Office by telephoning 028 8774 1100, at a cost of £5.
The show on both evenings commences at 8pm.
- Ardboe woman’s life-changing experience as Secret Millionaire
- Dungannon firm win big French business contract
- Man arrested at Dungannon cannabis factory denied bail
- Moe’s Cookstown finalists in ‘Bar of the Year’ awards
- Frank’s African odyssey nears the end of the line after close encounter with a lion
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Dungannon
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west