Penalty points for speeding R-driver
A MEDICINE student has been fined £60 and given three penalty points after being detected by police driving in excess of the speed limit for restricted drivers.
Niamh Scullion, 18, of Manor Park, Magherafelt was detected by police at 70 mph on the Moneymore dual carriageway on August 12 this year.
Miss Scullion was driving a VW Golf on the Moneymore dual carriageway at around 9.15pm when police stopped her vehicle.
A solicitor acting for the defendant told the court that she had immediately admitted the offence and that at the time of the incident she was late for work.
He told the court that Scullion was a medicine student in Stirling University who needed her licence to look after a sick relative during her breaks.
Judge John Meehan acknowledged the early plea in thecase and as a result handed down a £60 fine and three penalty point with an offenders levy of £15.
- Ardboe woman’s life-changing experience as Secret Millionaire
- Dungannon firm win big French business contract
- Man arrested at Dungannon cannabis factory denied bail
- Moe’s Cookstown finalists in ‘Bar of the Year’ awards
- Frank’s African odyssey nears the end of the line after close encounter with a lion
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Dungannon
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west