Man in 20s injured in Coalisland house fire

NIFRS vehicle

NIFRS vehicle

0
Have your say

A man in his twenties suffered smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at his home in Coalisland on Saturday afternoon.

Three fire engines were deployed to the scene of the blaze, at a property on the town’s Dungannon Road, shortly before 3pm, according to a spokesperson for the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service (NIFRS).

In a statement to the TIMES, the NIFRS spokesman explained:

“Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service (NIFRS) received a call at 2:49pm to a report of a fire at residential premises at the Dungannon Road area of Coalisland on Saturday 6th August.

“One Fire Appliance each from Dungannon, Cookstown and Pomeroy Fire Station were deployed to the scene.

“Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using a hosereel jet dealt with a kitchen fire at a two storey terraced property in the area.

“One man in his 20’s was treated at the scene by Ambulance personnel for smoke inhalation, but was not taken to hospital.

“Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service finished at the scene at 3:20pm and the fire is being treated as accidental.”

Coalisland Sinn Fein councillor, Joe O’Neill, said a number of people had spoken to him about the incident.

It is understood a large number of emergency service personnel attended the scene of the fire, and Cllr O’Neill expressed his relief that the man living in the house had not been seriously injured.

“Thank God nobody was seriously injured or worse. I am glad to hear there has been a positive outcome for the man involved.”