Neighbours help fight fire at Moy home with garden hoses

Roxborough residents help put out fire at neighbours home with garden hoses
Roxborough residents help put out fire at neighbours home with garden hoses

Neighbours of a family in Moy helped put out the fire that took hold of their boiler house in Roxborough Park, leaving one woman needing treatment for smoke inhalation.

Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service said in an incident report that fire crews from Dungannon, Pomeroy and Portadown also attended the incident on Saturday, just after 3pm.

The fire is understood to have taken hold of a boiler house adjacent to a semi-detached house and although smoke alarms notified the family a 43-year-old woman had to be treated at the scene.

“Smoke alarms had actuated and alerted the occupiers to the danger and neighbours used garden hoses and firefighters deployed a hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze,” the NIFRS report said.

“A 43-year-old woman suffered smoke inhalation and was checked over by ambulance personnel at the scene.”