Tumble dryer causes blaze at Dungannon shop

NIFRS
NIFRS

Firefighters were called to a blaze just doors from the fire station, after a tumble dryer set a Dungannon shop alight.

The fire, which took hold at the rear of the Thomas Street property, was reported on December 23 just after 1.30pm.

A statement from the fire service said: “Local crews responded to a fire involving a tumble dryer in a shop in Thomas Street Dungannon near to the fire station.

“Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hosereel jet to extinguish the blaze at the rear of the property.”