A Dungannon man accused of attempting to cause/incite a child sex act has been granted bail.
Frank Wilson, 75, of Springdale Estate is charged with the offence in relation to an alleged incident on June 29th in Irish Street, Dungannon.
He has been remanded in custody since his arrest on June 29. where he is accused of approaching a group of four boys, all of whom were aged under 13, and making a sexually indecent suggestion.
The bail application had been previously adjourned from last week at Dungannon Magistrates Court to allow time for police to carry out checks.
A court heard last week how Mr Wilson’s son, who resides in Preston in England had offered his home as a bail address for his father.
Police told the court last week they objected to bail as they had a number of concerns raised by Lancashire police about the address in Preston.
Objecting to bail Lancashire police called at the home and carried out a risk assessment for suitability and passed the information back to the PSNI.
Objecting to bail a detective advised Wilson’s son has two grandchildren, aged nine and six, whom he sees regularly and also that there were a number of schools nearby.
Defence barrister Blaine Nugent told the court there was “a worrying difference” between what the son told his father’s solicitor and what police in England have since stated,
At the most recent bail hearing, a police constable confirmed to the court that bail could now be agreed to.
Mr Nugent stated that Mr Wilson’s son was present in court and had engaged in discussions with police as to the conditions which would be imposed.
District Judge John Meehan approved bail for Mr Wilson with a number of strict conditions attached including: not to have any unsupervised contact with anyone under the age of 16, not to be within 100 yards of any school and to reside at Sycamore Drive, Preston with his son.
He released Mr Wilson on his own bail of £500 and one surety of £500.