Dungannon is gearing up for a busy festive season. With gift inspiration, entertainment, late night shopping and handy parking for the whole family, Dungannon has Christmas all wrapped up this year.
Simply follow their Top Ten Treat countdown and get ready to experience all that the town has to offer this holiday season.
1. SPARKLE AND SHINE- No Christmas is complete without festive lights and a tree in the town centre. The council are shedding new light on Dungannon with a brand new 30ft Christmas Tree that truly adds a really sparkle and shine to Dungannon Town Centre.
2. HISTORY AND HERITAGE- experience a town steeped in rich history this festive season at Ranfurly House Arts and Visitor Centre. It is also home to one of Europe’s most important heritage sites, The Hill of the O’Neill- where visitors can view an amazing 360° panoramic view of Ulster. This multi-purpose hub narrates the Hill’s role in Irish and European history and is also a busy art and tourism centre with regular entertainment nights and is also home to a tasty coffee shop for visitors.
3. SHOP LOCAL - Dungannon is a bustling town that thrives on local businesses and retailers. This Christmas, you can expect to find a variety of unique gifts for loved ones. Shop smart and stay local this year and you too will be pleasantly surprised with the treats Dungannon has to offer while keeping your car fuel bills as low as possible.
4. CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN - Make this year’s final festive countdown one for the whole family to enjoy. Dungannon is at the heart of Christmas so why not enjoy family entertainment in the town centre during the week before Christmas? Kids of all ages will enjoy festive tunes, face painting, cartoon characters, balloon modelling. Santa’s elves and of course the annual Christmas Eve parade with Dungannon Silver band on Tuesday 24th
5. PARKING – is plentiful. Dungannon has a variety of parking options ranging from free on street car parking for 330 cars up to 60 minutes, 240 free car parking places and 280 Pay & Display or Pay as you Go - all located within easy access to the main shopping streets.
6. LATE OPENING- For shoppers who leave everything until a last minute dash why not let Dungannon eliminate panic gift buying this year? Shops in the town are open late from Monday 16th December right through to Friday 20th December and including late night opening on Sunday 22nd and Monday 23rd December, until 5pm
7. SERVICE WITH A SMILE - People from Mid Ulster are well known for their friendliness so make Dungannon and its great customer service your number one destination this year to receive some real Christmas cheer.
8. ONE STOP SHOP - From historical sites to beautiful parks and fantastic award winning restaurants to retail excellence in town and at the Linen Green and Oaks Centre - Dungannon simply is at the heart of shopping and socialising. It’s no surprise that visitors come from far and wide to experience one of the most welcoming towns in Northern Ireland.
9. WRAP UP WARM - if you’ve shopped till you’ve dropped Dungannon is the perfect place to take some time out. Visit Dungannon Park for a crisp wintry stroll or call at the fascinating Peatlands Park just off the M1 for a real breath of fresh air.
10. SPREAD SOME LOVE - Christmas is about spending time with loved ones and family and there is a full calendar of festive themed activity planned for the town. From Christmas shows to craft fairs and much more – it’s the perfect opportunity to support local community and youth groups taking part to make Dungannon extra special this December.