‘Unattended saucepan’ causes fire at Moneymore home

Fire & Rescue Service

Fire & Rescue Service

0
Have your say

Two fire crews were called out to deal with a fire caused by an “unattended saucepan” at a home in Moneymore on Monday afternoon.

It is understood the incident took place at a mid-terraced house on Hammond Street just after 1.30pm.

The house-holder was alerted to the blaze by the home smoke alarm.

A NIFRS statement said: “NIFRS responded to a report of a fire at a mid-terraced house at Hammond Street, Moneymore, Cookstown.

“Firefighters removed an unattended saucepan on fire from the house.

“Crews ventilated the smoke from the premises. Smoke alarm was activated by the fire.

“The cause of the fire appeared accidental. Fire crews from Cookstown and Magherafelt stations attended the incident.”