Dog killed in Tyrone cattle shed fire

Fire Service
Fire Service

A dog has died in an 'accidental' blaze that took hold of a busy cattle shed at a Co Tyrone farm.

The incident, which was reported to the Fire Service at 10.30am on Tuesday (February 7) morning, involved crews from Dromore (T), Irvinestown and Fintona stations.

In a statement, Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service said they "responded to a fire involving a shed with cattle inside at Tirwinny Road, Lack, Dromore, County Tyrone".

"Firefighters used a hosereel jet and a covering jet to put out the fire. Sadly, a dog died in the incident.

"The cause of the fire appeared accidental."